where everything is muted, coated in styrofoam; all words are monotone and no one’s eyebrows raise at anything despite the drumrolls of anger slinking around in the rain and it’s blanket fog
- Submit a paper to the Sigma Tau Delta journal (by Tuesday)
- Finish TEFL certification course (by mid July)
- Research the hell out of grad schools… and then start applying. FRICK. (by RIGHT NOW, FRICK.)
- Get a tableflippin’ job. (by RIGHT NOW ALSO. FRICK ALSO.)
- Practice Spanish (always every moment every day forever.)
fuck the future
are those who have beards and love science and literature.
- have students make commonplace blogs
- have students do blackout poetry
- have students do response journals, giving no rules… tell me you hate the novel idec
- not make them guess at esoteric symbolism… tell them shit if they’re not getting it and don’t make them feel dumb; then they might actually appreciate it.
- test them only on “walking around” knowledge
- figure out fun ways to reinforce vocab like play picture telephone with the words or something
- idk, a bunch of other awesome shit.
Cool face of the river
Asked me for a kiss.
and my name is there with words like love and best friend i get scared because it is foreign and i don’t know who you are and i don’t know who that Robin is to whom you refer, and when i see old photographs i feel like i’m slipping down gravel into another world because i don’t know either of them although she looks like she could be my twin but when did any of this happen and what did it feel like?
i’ve got a new plan